Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Chronicle Review

I had just went to go and watch the film Chronicle this past Sunday. I went into the theaters knowing nothing about the film, but came out thinking that this film is one of my top 10 favorite films of all time. One thing about films that are shot handheld and I is that I absolutely hate handheld films. They are way too shaky and try to make everything seem realistic to the viewer, but all they are really doing in my personal opinion is limiting what the viewer can see and experience. This can cause the viewer to be dissatisfied with the film like I was with the Devil Inside when I went to go see that around two weeks ago. Chronicle gave me the complete opposite view of a handheld film though. It had an amazing story behind the film and the reason as to why it was being shot in "Real Time". Without the movie being shot the way it was, I feel like the viewer wouldn't get the same feelings and share the same emotions with some of the characters in the film that they would've if it was shot any other way.

     Chronicle is all about how 3 high school students discover a force of energy that had given them the ability to wield superpowers. Rather than using the superpowers for good, the younger, more immature high schoolers use their abilities to pull pranks on others for fun. Sooner or later, their powers grow stronger, and they begin to lose grasp of each other as friends as these superpowers take over their lives. This results in complete chaos between them, causing destruction throughout town and tragic events to occur. I personally think it is a great movie that you will have to go see to understand what I am talking about. It is well worth the trip to the theaters, so please check out Chronicle if you haven't because you will not be disappointed.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: